Monday 20 May 2013

Same Sounds, Different Words

While I may not be IU‘s biggest fan, I am quite happy to say that the girl is talented and is certainly deserving of the attention she gets currently. As such, it really didn’t come as a surprise when her Japanese debut was announced (and well, the rumour’s been around since 2011 amongst the J-Pop fandom). Unfortunately, the release she was making wasn’t a surprise either, being a remake of her Korean hit “Good Day.” I have a somewhat un-mendable recoil instinct regarding Japanese remakes of Korean hits and it really doesn’t matter which artist does it, whether I love them or not. However, there will always be that one exception with manages to confuse me and even (god forbid!) make me like the Japanese version more. “Good Day” however, doesn’t quite fit the bill.(...)
Read the rest of Same Sounds, Different Words (1,259 words)


© Guest for seoulbeats, 2012. | Permalink | 14 comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: Beast, Girls' Generation, IU, Japan

The post Same Sounds, Different Words appeared first on seoulbeats.



No comments:

Post a Comment